Sunday 3 December 2017

New York

Hi!

This time I'm writing about the most populous and the greatest city in USA - New York City. A global power city, cultural, financial and media capital of the world, with a significant impact upon entertainment, technology, commerce, education, politics, sports and research. That's a lot of "the most" I think. New York city is also famous of many great places, just like Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn, Rockefeller Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, High Line, Wall Street or, of course, a Statue of Liberty.

But what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think "New York"? For me the answer is obvious but it doesn't have to be the same things for everyone. So, New York brings to my mind, first of all, yellow taxis in the crowded street, traffic jams between very modern skyscrapers, people who are always in a hurry, running to work with a cup of coffee in their hand, additionally very well-dressed and stylish. New York brings to my mind also Central Park with people jogging or doing some different sport, as we can see in many movies shooted in New York. I can't forget about billboards which we can see anywhere in New York City, I think, and which gives a lot of light, especially when it comes to Times Square.
What is interesting, at Times Square was the first solar powered billboard which you can see below:

solar-energy-billboard-by-Ricoh.jpg

And what New York City brings to your mind up first? I'm waiting for your comments :)

Next time I will describe some of the biggest New York City's attractions 😊

See you soon,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment